Monday, March 24, 2014

One Last Thing, Before I Go

*This will be my last post on this blog

I'm sorry for the way that I treated Yóu, Yóu deserved so much better.

Yóu loved me so completely, and Yóu deserved someone who loved Yóu as much as Yóu loved them. I couldn't be that person. I'm sorry I was late, as always. It sounds like I'm fishing--I'm not, I told myself I would never say anything, for Yóur sake. But then Yóu stopped being with me, even when Yóu were with me, and Yóu stopped looking at me in that same way Yóu always did, and Yóu didn't sound the same when Yóu talked to me, and I knew Yóu didn't love me anymore, so Yóu can't be that hurt by what I need to say, it can't be that big of a deal to Yóu, right? So I feel like it's safe to say it, and I hope Yóu understand, and I hope Yóu aren't mad. I really do think it was what was best for Yóu. I just want Yóu to know the truth, I think I owe it to Yóu. And to be honest, it's killing me to keep in. You need to exhale to inhale. And I'm in desperate need to inhale.

But, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to tell Yóu, I've spent the last few weeks drafting and re-drafting this, but nothing said what I wanted it to, I wish I could just say it to Yóu. But it's too much for me to explain, I don't think the words would find their way out, so I took the lyrics to one of my favorite songs (yes, it is by one of Derrick Brown's bands) and changed a few things about them. And I know that Yóu deserve a lot more than this, but this is all that I have, there are so many things that I want to say to Yóu, so many things that I should have told Yóu, so many things I never want Yóu to know. I don't know how to say any of it.

I'm sorry for this. I'm sorry for everything. I can't apologize enough. I'm sorry I can't say what I want to, what I always should have.





Hold, hold fast the feeling, yeah its coming,
is this the feeling that Yóu wanted?
And I can't sleep 'cause my castle's haunted,
how I twist inside and wonder
if someone as good as Yóu is coming.

Oh, and when they're not?
I wanted to tell Yóu to reach me.
And I'll open up
if someone can teach me
that signal Yóu were trying to send me-
it was love, 
but I couldn't take it Dear.

I cannot sleep in these pill bottle years.
Oh, I know Yóu worked so hard
to find the love
in abandoned parking lots,
as the snow fell I rested my head on Yóu
and Yóur chewed up fingernails
I watched the snow land on Yóur eyelash
and Yóu said what if We fail?

Not if we hold on and sit here like idiots,
not if we sit still like smoking frozen idiots,
to find the signal
You were trying
to send me-
it was love,
but I couldn't take it Dear.

Goodbye. Goodbye. Goodbye.
Goodbye. Goodbye. Goodbye.
Goodbye. Goodbye.

Yóur long gaze,
Yóur blue eyes,
Yóur kindness.

The pine tar
in my heart
it's death grippe,

Yóur moonlight my only supporter,
Yóu are love.

What was I hiding from?
Oh tell me Dear, what am I hiding from?
Oh tell me Dear,
what was I afraid of?



       With all that I have,

                    Róah

1 comment:

  1. I just reread your blog today. I hope youre still writing and you finally got the girl and you're able to wake up in the morning. I hope you quit your job at Smith's and you are working on SFYS Volume 2 (I'm embarrassed at my submissions looking back) and everyone's supporting your writing that didn't used to. I hope you're happy.

    PS this is probably weird because I haven't seen you since summer and you hate when people ask how youre doing and I dont know if you even check your blog anymore, but your writing is so beautiful, and it makes me want more for you. And it reminds me of Sundays and walking all night.

    ReplyDelete