Saturday, December 21, 2013

Rum

Hungover on the twenty-first of  December, my fingers taste like cigarettes and for some reason I'm reading her kid sister's blog, scrolling through pieces of my own poems, reading a re-post of "Into The Thicket" that has the spacing all fucked up, the computer screen is a terrible thing for a hangover, but my curiosity kept me looking. And every now and then I felt like I was getting glimpses of three years back, glimpses of a time when my mind didn't need to be consumed by substance to get me through the night, or the day. I'll be back tonight, or maybe tomorrow morning with more rum.

What I really want to know is: Does she have any idea that every one of them is about her sister? And maybe what I want to know even more is: Does her sister know that they're about her?

No comments:

Post a Comment